Lighting for Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsikins00

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had fish for a long time, freshwater to marine, and then back to freshwater. I do not have the time (or money) to have marine anymore, or really a tank with the heavy plants I used to have previously. I currently have a 29 gallon, tank with stand & canopy. I have lots of fake plants, driftwood and java moss. I have decided to start keeping, angelfish. I use blackwater extract and RO water. Parameters are PH 6.6-6.7, 0, 0, 10. The angelfish are doing great and eating like PIGS, and about doubled in size in about 3 months. I have 2 regular output lights, that I want to get rid of. One was smelling like it was melting, so it is unplugged at the moment. I still have a double CF unit left from the reef tank that I was gonna use instead of the set up I have now. I have read that angelfish like lower light, so I'm wondering what combo lights people would want to suggest to me. I'm goingo replace the bulbs/units if I need to. I guess basically what i'm asking is the CF going to be too much light? I'm a little rust on the 10K and actinic lights. I can just turn one of the bulbs on at a time on the CF hood. Or should I get new Reg Output strips with new lights. I wouldn't rule out ever having live plants again, just at the time I don't really have the time to prune them all the time. What about led lights for at night? I have never really had good luck with angels in the past, and I'm pretty excited about these doing so well (after some much needed reading and prepping) I want them to be super happy, and get big and live a long time :)

Back
Top Bottom