lighting found on ebay... this look good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, that is just cause I don't have money to waste, and I want to make sure I get the right thing the first time. Sorry for being so hesitant, just that type of person who has to make sure everything is correct I guess.

if you dont mind hagning shop lights, 48"(4') fixtures cost 9 dollars at lowes and they hold two 48" bulbs at 40 watts each that would be 80 watts. and another one makes it 160 watts. for what, $18 bucks and some 5 chain and 2 dollars worth of hook anchors and a little tiny bit of work. they say steel, but weigh nothing. i just lay mine across the glass canopy the reflector keeps them suspended, the heat is nominal. just suggesting the absolute cheapest method. walmart has them too. but lowes and hd have the bulbs like the GE sunshine and sylvania sunsticks both are 5000k wide spectrum 90 cri, i paid 3.50 for each bulb. just suggesting the cheapest effective method i know of
:)
HTH

Well, that is just cause I don't have money to waste, and I want to make sure I get the right thing the first time. Sorry for being so hesitant, just that type of person who has to make sure everything is correct I guess.

The Jebo lights are pretty common for budget fixtures. I see how the price is making you hesitant but really you are not going to do any better for $77. Period.

$8 shop light with GE Aquarays bulbs:

55nl.jpg

The problem with NOs is that they put out less light per watt, and take up more space compared to PCs...

grimlock, that is a very pretty tank! Well, I went ahead and got the light last night since there weren't that many left and I don't think I'll find a better deal (oh well if I do :roll: ) The money order will be in the mail today. Thanks to everyone who helped me out. Sorry it took so long for me to decide. You guys are great!

Back
Top Bottom