Lighting in my 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3.47 watts per gallon, I wouldn't try any high light requirements with that setup, but low light stuff (zoos, mushrooms) should fare well!

In a 75 you can get by with some soft corals like yellow polyps, some leathers and mushrooms, even zoas. Some LPS as well like torch corals, hammers and candy canes. i would not attempt any clams or SPS corals with that amount of light.

I agree. I had a little less than that and had alot of soft corals and LPS corals. As stated above dont try clams and sps corals. BTW I edited you link to make it so you could just click on it.

what about anemenoes? Mainly the bubble tip!

Thanks for all the help guys, i really apreciate all your help throughout this entire process

I personally dont think you have enough light intensity for an anenome. They need a very mature tank anyway. About 9-12 months old IMO.

I assume there is nothing that i can do to make my lighting system better other than upgrading to a whole new unit. I paid three hundredd dollars for this unit at the lfs, the said it was the best they had. I sure wish i had found AA before i made that purchase. For a relatively small difference i could have got a much better lighting system than what i have now.

Does your lighting system cover the whole top of your tank. If not you could add a retro fit VHO`s to add lighting.

Back
Top Bottom