Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmurphy171

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've asked this question to the manufactures and a few retailers and received no help so I thought I'd ask here.

I want to replace the lighting on one of my tanks to provide more light, it's a 29g tank with a full hood. It has a standard 30' fluorescent tube light fixture. Will a 30' compact fluorescent light fixture fit in the same area that the standard light sits in?

oh yeah. in fact i know some great places to find retrofits. i assume what your saying is that you want to take out the standard hardware and put a compact flour in it's place because you have a full hood already?

one thing i want you to consider. a compact flour is gonna be a hot hot light compared to waht your running now. you can try it without fans but i think sticking it in a full hood that close to the water surface is gonna bring your water temp way up. which is not good. you may consider instead buying a light in a casing already and hanging it or many come with feet to suspend it above the tank to greater degree than the hood does now. just a thought.

go to www.thatfishplace.com and check out these item numbers
eso845
hio151 may not fit your application
ur0051
ur0003
oi0278
eso671

Check out AH Supply for some very easy to install retrofit kits. Their website takes some getting used to, so do not hesitate to call them - tell them what you have, what you want, and they will tell you exactly what to get, and you can trust them.

Back
Top Bottom