lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

delfino

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello people,
im looking for a single t5 ho fixture but cant seem to find any.does anybody know of a place or have one they wanna sell?i wanna put it on my 29 and already have a double light fixture already just wanna add alittle more to it.thanks everyone in advance.:cool:

glo makes a single tube T5HO, but in all reality, you're probably going to spend more on one than if you sold the one you have and bought a 4 bulb

mfd,i bought my current for like 80 bucks from dr.foster smith,i was looking for something cheap just to add more wattage to the tank,i guess it doesnt have to be t5's.i have 48 watts on a 29,think i need more no?

depends on what plants you have... if you post what you have, that will help alot. you're over 2wpg, which even though that "rule" is kind of outdated, you should still easily keep low and medium light plants

i dont have that much,just got some from black hill on this website,but i have crypts, swords, mondo grass,java ferns,nothing to demanding.

I wouldn't jump any higher unless you are willing to delve into CO2 injection and have specific plants you have tried to grow and can't at your light level. You're at a perfect level of light right now where it's probably not needed, but going higher and you can run into algae problems.

Remember, you always want your amount of light to be the limiting factor in plant growth, not CO2/ferts.

Back
Top Bottom