Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You want 3 w LEDs run at atleast 2 w. I was looking the other day and the taotronics have free shipping

No don't buy the orbit! Very low wattage led's I have a 36-48 orbit I just replaced if you want one! Your looking at big Al's so your in canada! For the cost of the eBay ones they have so much more wattage

How many of these ebay led would i have to buy for a 20g tank. With 1 should do the work to grow any corals right?
Thanks

What's your budget? If you want a really nice light go with 2 kessil a360w or 2 aqua illumination hydras. I had an aqua illumination vega that I sold and ended up with 2 Kessils.
AI lights are like Porsche. You get a nice light at already a steep price but then you have to spend more to get it working. For example you would need two railing kits at $69 each and a controller at $80.
Kessil is more like a Lexus. Very nice quality at a reasonable price from a very good company.

Two kessils are like $800 arent they? And two Ai's are about the same too....Thats a really steep price, at least in my opinion. lol Unless of course you have that kind of cash and dont mind spending it on lighting for a fish tank. LOL
But seriously, the tao units are prettymuch the best bang for your buck so to speak. The only thing missing from them is a timer, which you can get at walmart for like $4 each. And of course a way to hang or mount them.
I;ve tried so many different types of lighting, I just invested in my first radion to see if all this high priced stuff is actually worth it in the end. I'm still on the fence though. :)

How many of these ebay led would i have to buy for a 20g tank. With 1 should do the work to grow any corals right?
Thanks

I have one on my 20g and it is way more than enough, I'm running mine on about 40% power.

I have one on my 20g and it is way more than enough, I'm running mine on about 40% power.

Thanks for the response i would definite would be buying one when the cycle is over in the mean time i would let my t5 let do the work

Thanks

I bought a dual metal halide with a quad acitinic and 3 moonlight LEDs I hope this will allow me to grow beautiful corals

Hey Mr X not to steel the thread but on the subject of lighting, I have some button polyps in my tank they are purple with green stripes. Last night when my lights were dimming out I noticed a few had blotches of purple. Do you think the lighting could be to intense I've been turning it up a little every week. My tank is 24 tall I'm using Ai hydra they are 8 to 9 inches above the water line. And the polyps are mid level.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's hard to say. It's not uncommon for corals to "morph" under LED lighting. How much are they turned up currently? You know you may not have to reach 100% to be able to keep even the most light demanding corals.

About 65% on the blues white is 60% and violet,green & red are 50%. I think my UV is at 60% or 65%.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well mr. X ty for ur info mine are in fact 150w but I had two options buy 3 new t5 bulbs at 100$ or this metal halide unit for 100$. In a year depending on the hydro I'll put in 400w bulbs or go led. But at least I've got a good start.

Well mr. X ty for ur info mine are in fact 150w but I had two options buy 3 new t5 bulbs at 100$ or this metal halide unit for 100$. In a year depending on the hydro I'll put in 400w bulbs or go led. But at least I've got a good start.

You can't put 400 watt bulbs in a 150 watt ballast. It will fry the ballast

Back
Top Bottom