Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cause you can get a finnex 24/7 planted plus for the same price?

Well there's that.. there's also the fact that Marineland is a crap company that produces substandard products at a ridiculous price.. the reviews were pretty terrible too. Bio wheel?? What are you talking about Marineland... it spins!!! Yay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol good thing I didn't buy it. I guess my only option now is ebay. Finnex it is guys. Now I gotta get a new co2 system

Why eBay? No amazon?

Amazon cheaper? Amazon is for hipster ? I'm old school so I still use ebay

amazon is far better with customer service. I've had to return a few items and they make it very easy to do so.. I'm not a hipster either..

A owner of a fish store a couple towns over said he could get a 36" current satellite plus for $135. I may have to hop all over that.

The plus isn't the pro. The plus will be very low light on your tank

A friend of mine let me use his Marineland Advanced Strip LED that he had from a while back and it's a very bright light. I was pleasantly surprised at how lit my tank is with that compared to those crappy LEDs that came with my tank. I've had it on for 3 days and do everything the same as I have done it in the past and I swear my bacopa has already grown and my Wisteria definitely has. He's going to let me use for a while until I can figure out an alternative.

I'm really looking at the satelitte plus pro but I really don't want to spend $300 after shipping and tax. The guy at the LFS says a Finnex 24/7 planted+ wouldn't do anything for me in a deep tank. Can this be debunked as a stupid opinion or would this be factual?

A friend of mine let me use his Marineland Advanced Strip LED that he had from a while back and it's a very bright light. I was pleasantly surprised at how lit my tank is with that compared to those crappy LEDs that came with my tank. I've had it on for 3 days and do everything the same as I have done it in the past and I swear my bacopa has already grown and my Wisteria definitely has. He's going to let me use for a while until I can figure out an alternative.

I'm really looking at the satelitte plus pro but I really don't want to spend $300 after shipping and tax. The guy at the LFS says a Finnex 24/7 planted+ wouldn't do anything for me in a deep tank. Can this be debunked as a stupid opinion or would this be factual?

How deeps the tank in cm or mm? I would have thought it would be fine for a 46 bow. A finnex should be fine to about 45-50cm I would have thought. Could be wrong tho. Most lights are made for standard 45cm depth.

$300 is expensive for a light if you ask me. No need to go overboard with fancy fixtures unless you have a deep tank

Exactly my thoughts as well about the cost.

I think it's 21.9 inches tall, which would be 55.63cm tall

Exactly my thoughts as well about the cost.

I think it's 21.9 inches tall, which would be 55.63cm tall

Ooh it is pretty deep. I'd say it would be about 50cm to the substrate wouldn't it? Surely a finnex would be fine, check the finnex specs tho. Surely on full power you would still get 80+ par at substrate. A lot of people who have them don't run them on full power so surely on full power it would be fine.

Yah, the planted plus will be low/medium on yours. Just rock the free Marineland for a while. Finnex is about to release 4 or 5 new rigs. The new 247 is supposed to be the berries!

Yah, the planted plus will be low/medium on yours. Just rock the free Marineland for a while. Finnex is about to release 4 or 5 new rigs. The new 247 is supposed to be the berries!

Is the finnex really that weak? I thought it would be a lot stronger. What par does it put in a standard tank?

The marineland is already doing wondering. I'm going to have to monitor it for algae. I'm sure it's about to take off.

A lot of people say the current finnex isn't the best. Then some people swear by them.

Yeah probably 50cm to the substrate where my more demanding plants are. The other side is controlled by a dragon goby who doesn't like plants so its pretty bare on the other side.

Back
Top Bottom