lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't view the product, it's asking for a canadian postal code. Can you describe it?

this is the description off the site:

Lights your plants fast and easy
No special wiring required - just plug in to use
Does not need a fixture
Frosted lens
Rotary switch
Uses one fluorescent tube with a maximum wattage of 33
2"h x 2"d x 25"l (5.1 x 5.1 x 63.5 cm)

i tried to fix your link. u can try to view it HERE

EDIT*** nope it took me to the postal code page aswell. can u navigate me towards the product on the site? i would be interested in seeing it.

Funk's link worked for me - it looks like some kind of self ballasted flourescent bulb. I have never seen anything like it, so I can't say for sure. It seems like it might work, however, the wattage is pretty low - maybe on a 20g?

lol my link worked for me to now :) i think if u run a few of these it would be an effective lighting method. but it also says that is has a frosted lense which means alor of light will get wasted. a DIY hood would be a much better option and not cost much more. alos lets u be more flexible in what kind of light u want. check out this link if u feel like going that route.

thanks. if u need any specific help just pm me. nnumber one thing to make sure is that u get a ballast that is rated for what u want. it is easy to get the wrong one by mistake.

i acually might not do it because i saw at big als a whole tank kit with everything for 80$ since i dont got the tank yet for this i was just going to try to save money but it comes out to the same price after i addded everything up plus im not that good with elelctricty.thanks any ways though maybe ill try it on a biigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom