Lights across the visible spectrum **Update**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corvuscorax said:
Jchill, please pardon my distaste for the blue gravel, I really can't help myself!

Ahhh...I found someone willing to make that statement. To be honest, that isn't exactly what I intended. The gravel is Estes Blue/Green. In looking at it online and in package, the green stood out more. Unfortunately, forgot about blue being a dominant color and viola...bright blue! Wife picked it out BTW...peace in the home and all that. I kinda like it nevertheless.

corvuscorax said:
...ummm, errr.... Let me rephrase that, please tell me that will not be the result!

Let me say unequivocally (sp?)...it will not and did not happen and I can prove it. :D

Ok...I'm an idiot. I finally did the monthly maintenance on the tank. Figured I may as well check the lights. Lo and behold...both were 32w reg. flourescents, not 40w as I had thought (long story here but I had 3 different light hoods from different companies).

I went out today and got two 40w (18K) flourescents and the effect is stunning to say the least. The wife is very happy. :D

Excellent news :) Sounds like it was a matter of getting the right color of lights. I was getting ready to suggest getting a vehicle window tint kit if things got desperate :p

LOL...yeah..that was my next choice. Day 2 and she loves it now. Issue settled. Now let's see what the response is when I tell her she has to maintain the plants like she does her own. :D

I think the difference is quite visible.

Before
Tank_41505.jpg

After:
newtankpics003.jpg

I believe it is a marked improvement. :D

Very nice :D Boy I'll be that substrate really kicks off a lot of extra light. I'm used to black Eco-Complete and never really considered that it might be advantageous to have a somewhat reflective substrate to increase light levels.

Back
Top Bottom