Lights & Coral, what 2 get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClamSnorkler

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 65g hex, water column is 2'3", I want to add some beginner corals, I have 2 12inch truelumen pro LED strips (highly recommended by one LFS as reef lights & looked down by another.) Anyone have experience w/ LED's? Do I need more light for even beginner corals? Coral suggestion?

Each strip is only 16w. That's not much light for a tank that deep. I wouldn't try anything but low light mushrooms and soft corals.

Can I just get more LED strips & b able 2 expand into more corals? I really like going with LED's even if their more expensive if I can. Am I gonna have to get another type of light? Most reviews & the truelumen pro site says each LED strip is equivalent to a T5 bulb but I don't kno what bulb or if that's just promo. So confused :-/

I am not sure about the comparison, but if it is true, I have a (4) bulb T5 over a 22" depth, and it is moderate at best at the sandbed.

Have a mountain of LR in middle, highest point is 10" from light. Put a green dragon eye zoanthid frag & a mushroom frag near top.

Back
Top Bottom