Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoscoPeeko

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, i added 4 endler guppies to the tank... They were lovely colours in the store petsathome... But when i got them home, the colours were not so bright.. I currently have the standard lights that came with the fluval edge. So my question is, is the pet store using a special light in their tanks?

The fish could be stressed give them some time to settle in. The store also so could have a different color bulb than you are using.

+1 on stress. Give them some time. Fish tend to get pale when they are transported.

The lighting on the edge doesn't seem like it covers they aquarium very well so that could partially be it as well.

Hi guys,

They are pretty active, happy ish, i get a flash of colour every now and again, but its not all the time... Perhaps because the lights are only on that opening asopposed to the strip lights that cover the whole top? I don't think they are stressed, they are active and feeding well... When they first went in, they sat in the corner for a while, i thought that was when they were stressed?

I'm already thinking about getting a bigger tank!

Back
Top Bottom