Lilaeopsis failed; next...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Burns

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Even though other plants are doing great, nutrients and parameters are in check, lighting is at 6.2wpg (10gal tank), and CO2 is being injected, the lilaeopsis novea-zealandiae isn't doing too well. Failed, IMO. Only a few plantlets have produced runners, but the rest seems to be declining slowly. I've decided to buy some Eleocharis parvula from floridadriftwood as they seem to be the only ones carrying it under that name. Hopefully it is not E. acicularis. I never really wanted lilaeopsis in the first place, so this is a good excuse to make the switch.

Now I know why Tropica lists Lilaeopsis as "difficult." :roll:

Mr Burns,
I'm trying to grow glossos in 10 gallon and it's not doing well either. I 60 watts of normal flourescent. I also inject CO2.

10gals seem a bit odd. I'm not really sure what would be considered 'high light' in a 10gal because the wpg rule breaks down. The only thing left would be to replace the 2x13 with a 1x36 for a total of 72watts. That shouldn't be necessary though. After reading some other forums, it seems my situation is fairly common with lilaeopsis. Very few people are able to get it to grow even after several months at ideal conditions, one person said it grew best in shaded area which completely confuses me. Most people said it never took hold and became an algae magnet as it decayed. I'm really looking forward to the dwarf hairgrass though!

Back
Top Bottom