Lily pads with uaru?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freakgecko91

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I was thinking about trying some lily pads with my little plant destroying monsters. They don't touch my anubias or Java fern I've thrown in there though. I was thinking about adding some pond lilies to my 120, but I'm afraid they'll eat them. Anyone know how delectable lilies are to fish? Again, I'm looking at pond lilies, not dwarf lilies

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You have a lid on that bad boy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey! Your wayyyyyyy over do for some picture updates. I'm having uaru withdrawals.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You have a lid on that bad boy?

I do, but the tank is 26" tall at least, so I figured it would be tall enough, is there concerns with having lids and lilies?

Hey! Your wayyyyyyy over do for some picture updates. I'm having uaru withdrawals.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it wasn't for the dumb quota on here I'd be posting near daily. But because of the quota I have to use my laptop and a separate image hosting site, and it's a pain.

I really wanna do a time lapse of them with a piece of green, like collards or red leaf lettuce. They demolish it, to the point none of it remains in the water lol

I do, but the tank is 26" tall at least, so I figured it would be tall enough, is there concerns with having lids and lilies?

You want the rooted pads that work towards the top or the free floaters? I haven't had much luck growing floaters with a glass top. Egg crate is fine though..

You want the rooted pads that work towards the top or the free floaters? I haven't had much luck growing floaters with a glass top. Egg crate is fine though..

I was looking at rooted, but my sand bed isn't super deep

You could use pots with soil and gravel?? Make those babies grow like crazy

I really just want to make sure that my jerk uaru won't destroy them lol I doubt a fish store will cut a stalk off for me to test it haha

You could probably get a few from the pond section for pretty cheap?? They're pretty tough plants.. basically just huge anubias..

That's what I was thinking. The fish store I was at had them for $35 each which was pretty steep, especially if they get eaten anyway

I got **** blocked by the quota as well, that's why I got photobucket. It's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it.

I bet they eat it.. I have plenty white water lillies

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's why I'm cautious to even try it, I'm Aldi seeing that lilies don't usually do well in a home aquarium due to lack of UV light. I really want to try it though

I have put them inside before under medium light and it grows like a dwarf. Personally I wouldn't waste my money

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Giant anubias!!!! Pssttt hey heyy!!

Attachments

• 1432842210544.jpg
    1432842210544.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 79
Lol donate that to the "Kyle is poor fund" brookster! I will gladly pay shipping if it's free from ya hahaha

I don't have any.. they have it at my lfs from time to time.
Ps- dwarf sambu poor:p

I don't have any.. they have it at my lfs from time to time.
Ps- dwarf sambu poor:p

lol yeah, my car just broke down....i'm not sure how i'll be able to repair it...i'm poor

Back
Top Bottom