lionfish together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slush

Aquarium Advice Activist
is it possible to have more then one lionfish together if their the same size, i think it would be nice to have a lionfish tank

they are same ones around 2 inchs in a 50 gallon but will be upgraded in a year, im afraid they arnt capable together

What are you upgrading to and what species of lionfish, volitans?

im loking at puting in Zebra Lionfish,Antenneta Lionfish,Radiata or a volitans

I don't think mixing different kinds will cause a problem, other than a dwarf with a larger one, but I could be off and you may want to wait for a more experienced person.

From what I just read on liveaquaria.com I would think that you would need a pretty large tank to support more then one lion in the same tank. They are messy eaters. I would think at the minimum a 120g tank would be needed to keep more then one. Each of the lions you are looking at grows to at least 7" and one can get to nearly a foot.

I would do some more checking and see what you can find online about their needs. I know most say a minimum of 30g tank but to me that just seems too small for such a fish.

Agree with Ziggy and probably only able to house two of the smaller. Ever thought about going with just dwarf lionfish in which you could house 2 A. zebra in a 50g (depending on specie) and perhaps more if you upgrade to a 100g+? Not sure how much of a specie mix you intend...

Back
Top Bottom