Listless Beta fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judyheitz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Five days Ago, I noticed my beta was on the bottom of the tank quite listless. I looked at him to see if he had anything obvious no Ich, no bulging eyes, no bloated abdomen. Fortunately I have a 10 gallon hospital tank. I put him in there and treated with Ick-X, added tetracycline, and General cure. He originally came from a 10 gallon community tank where he did just fine with seven ember tetra, two Cory cat, two Otos, and two Kuhli loaches. I’ve treated with Ick-X twice after doing a 25% water change in the hospital tank and have continued with the tetracycline. Beta never lost his appetite and is now swimming much better is not hanging out at the bottom and eating just fine. Tomorrow I will evaluate and the next day I will do a water change and see how he does. Back at home in the community tank with all his buddies next day after removing him I noticed the tetra had white spots on them, I assumed those to be ich. Treated same as I did with the beta, waited 24 hours and treat it again, 25% water change So far I have lost six of my tetra but nothing else. The tetra still swimming looks like it has a few white spots on it but what I have noticed after changing the water are oxygen bubbles. None of the fish at any time have exhibited the dashing against things to try to get the parasites off, so I don’t really know if this was an outbreak of ich or not. The fish died extremely quickly in spite of treatment, but only the tetra. So between my hospital tank and the community tank all the other fish seem to be doing fine so far except those poor little tetra.

Back
Top Bottom