Live or Die...Aiptasia or not... your vote needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It doesn't look like any of the pictures of aiptasia that I could find...but it reminds me of it enough that I thought I would get the popular opinion. I think it is the only one...

It's living in a hole so you can only see this end.

I've got some like that. I've also got some with big bubbles on thier tips. I'm not nuking any more until I find out for sure what they are. I blasted a bunch with joes juice but missed these.

Looks like an aip or one of it's cousins to me. There are several species of aiptaisia ;) As with an potential pest anemone, either go ahead and remove it (via Joe's Juice) or watch it and be prepared to remove it.

Ive got a couple of those too. I have one that is HUGE, hiding between some rocks. I tried to Nuke it with some Kalk, it just shrugged it off an laughed at me like "Is that the best you can do? Heh, my grandma hits harder than that!" I gotta re-arrange some rocks today so im going after it again, this time with some Juice. Lest see who will be laughing this time. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

jury is still out...

So far, no one is saying that this IS for sure a problem Aiptasia. I can add that it has managed to move a good 2 inches since orginally photo'd. A crab moved into it's hole and forced it to move on.

I suppose it isn't a problem as long as there is only one...

Back
Top Bottom