Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Quick question. Can I cure my live rock in the same tank it will stay in? Then add sand?

No, nothing, LOL. I haven't even put water in it yet. LOL

lol hopefully you don't have the rock yet either then. Yes you can cure it in the same tank as long as there is no livestock.

Go ahead and cure it and cycle your tank at the same time. It should have enough die off on it to be your ammonia source.

Hinds04, LOL, no I haven't bought my rock yet. Haven't even taken the tank out of its box yet. I just wanted to make sure I could do everything in the same tank first. LOL Big time newbee.

Mike, thank you...

Now, another question for ya'll. Order of things. Water, Rock, Sand, Plants and maybe a few mushrooms and such, then fish. I am not in a hurry, I just want to make sure my tank and everything survives... LOL This order would make a well established tank for the fish, right???

Does not make much difference IMO. I would fill the tank half full. Then slide the rinsed sand down a PVC pipe to where you want it and then put your LR where you want it and then add the rest of the water. You`ll see many folks with different way of order and other ways but IMO it does not make a difference. Wait and see what the others say. You might find something better you can use.

Back
Top Bottom