Live rock???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishandPotterFreak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!
So today I went to my LFS, and their live rock is $8.39 per pound already cured. Is this a good deal? I have a 30 gallon, so I was thinking maybe 15 pounds live and 15 pounds dead/base rock. Is that good?
Where else can I get live rock, with free shipping that you recommend? Anyone have any good places?
Thanks!:)

Bad deal IMO. You can buy like like 35 lb from reef cleaners for like 100 bucks but it is dead rock. Get base/dead rock i is cheaper and you can scape it :)

Hello!
So today I went to my LFS, and their live rock is $8.39 per pound already cured. Is this a good deal? I have a 30 gallon, so I was thinking maybe 15 pounds live and 15 pounds dead/base rock. Is that good?
Where else can I get live rock, with free shipping that you recommend? Anyone have any good places?
Thanks!:)

Best deals are usually on craigslist from folks tearing down their tanks. Either way I'd buy mostly base rock and seed with a small amount of live rock (maybe 5-10% of total rock).

I like Reef Rocks:
The Reef Rock Store

Good deal on rock and you can usually get sand on the cheap as well.

x2 I bought my rock live & paid ~ 5$/lb & wish I would have just gotten base rock & seeded it.

Thanks everyone!:)
Wishlist for gobies, as these are my favorite fish:
watchman goby
yellow clown goby
diamond watchman goby
dracula goby
orange stripe prawn goby
pink spotted goby
sleeper gold head goby
Yes there's my whole list of my favorite gobies. LOL
As far as the stocking list, I'm thinking:
2 firefish