Live sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike-portocarrero

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a 90 gallon FO tank that i transition from brackish to saltwater and it has at least 60 pounds of regular white reef sand,and i just add 20 pounds of live sand after a while would the regular reef sand become alive? just as the live sand that i just put on top? Or do I need to add more live sand? Or do I need to get rid of the regular sand? Thanks

the thing that makes sand "live" is bacteria. your regular white reef sand it probably more "live" than the live sand you bought.

Mike-portocarrero said:
I got a 90 gallon FO tank that i transition from brackish to saltwater and it has at least 60 pounds of regular white reef sand,and i just add 20 pounds of live sand after a while would the regular reef sand become alive? just as the live sand that i just put on top? Or do I need to add more live sand? Or do I need to get rid of the regular sand? Thanks

Thanks

I have just a quick question concerning live sand as well. I have a DSB, but no plenum. Do i need one? Or is there another way to prevent the build up of toxic gases?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom