Loaches and shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would polka dot or kuhli loaches kill and or eat red cherry shrimp

Kuhli loaches and the nano sized Burmese Rosy Loaches are two of the shrimp safe loaches.

In my personal experience, the polka dot loach will eat the shrimp, regardless of size. I have a less than 2 inch polka dot (angelicus botia) and it did infact eat all 6 of my cherry shrimp, adult size, as well as my ghost shrimp.

What shrimp do u think r ok to have with tiger barbs and an albino rainbow shark

tiger barbs and rainbow sharks are both aggressive and will eat anything that fits in its mouth. how long has the tank been set up? if its over 6 months you could do a bamboo shrimp, they are much bigger than cherry shrimp

They'll still eat baby RCS. But adults should be ok. My friend keeps losing RCS in her Rosy Loach tank.

How odd I have 12 in a planted 55 with Yellow shrimp and no problems. Now any tiny snails are fair bait tho. Maybe it's because my nano tank is so large is why I don't have problems.

So shrimp with a rainbow shark and tiger barbs is a no go

How odd I have 12 in a planted 55 with Yellow shrimp and no problems. Now any tiny snails are fair bait tho. Maybe it's because my nano tank is so large is why I don't have problems.

You can get away with a lot in a big tank :) and yours is well planted.

There will always be exceptions. And Id certainly trust Rosy Loaches over most other species.

All I know is I had over 100 RCS before introducing fish. Now I have adults and see a couple of juveniles, but I never see babies :(
And all mine are Nano fish species.

Back
Top Bottom