Loaches & Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoWooD

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have four zebra loaches. I've read that the more loaches, the better. But there is one that usually doesn't hang with the group, on special occasions he may. But now its underneath the dritwood just sitting there. Sometimes it'll wobble to its side. Is it okay, is this behavoir normal?

I also have a Talking(striped rapheal) Catfish that is VERY distant. I've have yet to see him when the light is on, only twice when it was off with the room lights. But, the problem with him is that he's living in a root wood thinggy I brought from PetsMart. The place he's in is like a cup so I'm kinda wondering how his foods gonna get in through the whole? Will it come out? He's REALLY fat too. Once when I saw him, he swallowed a shrimp pellet whole! I'm wondering is it because he's not getting food through that little hiding place he's found.

Thanks,
-Joe

I recently bought a raphael catfish too. I haven't seen the little bugger since I put him in the tank 8O I was told this is quite normal. Not sure about your zebra loach.

I have yoyo and clown loaches and this one clown out of 5 rarely comes out to be seen. The yoyo's all come out when they choose to. I'd guess it was normal behaviour for him to hide.

The raphael is definately behaving normally. I know keepers who maybe see their once or twice a month. They are nocturnal by nature.

I have a zebra loach and he burrows a hole goign under a peice of wood and only comes out during fedding and night so I would say it normal. Plus when I fist got him they said at the lfs that he would hide alot. I got him to eat snails but he doing a crappy job still got them lol.

Back
Top Bottom