lobster for reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I`m starting a new reef tank and I`m wondering about a lobster. Is there any kind of lobster that would go good with this tank.Its a 25 gallon nano reef with that going to have diffrent kinds of soft corals and lps corals. Any info on these guys would be great.:fish1:

Even in a large tank they are a threat to small or slow fish. In a 25 definitely not a good combo. You can get a blood red fire shrimp which almost looks like a red lobster. They're beautiful, but like to stay in the shade. In a nano tank, it's just too risky imo, but maybe someone else has a different opinion.

Thanks, I just saw them on liveaquria and thought they looked pretty cool. I`ll just stick to shrimp and crabs. Is there anything unusal that I could fit in a tank that size. My lights are a 95 watt t5.

depending on what you have in the tank already an angler would be an amazing addition

IME While the Reef Lobster is a interesting addition it will eat your snails, hermit crabs, smaller fish and some corals. The Banded Coral Shrimp or Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp would some better choices. The Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp is usually out front most of the time while the The Banded Coral Shrimp is more reclusive. This is assuming your current inhabitants won't eat them.

I'm still cycling my tank actually. I was looking at live aquaria and creating a stock list. I'm saw the lobster and thought they looked cool.My future stocking plans are 1 tailspot blenny, 1 fire fish, and 1 watchman goby. Various invertebrates 2.

When your tank is more established a clam would be great or a yellow cucumber..those are bright and interesting. Some type of fairy wrasse would look nice.

Back
Top Bottom