Location of ceramic diffusor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chak1080

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was just wondering if the location of the diffuser has a large impact on the diffusion of the co2 into the tank. I have a small 15 gallon tank with DIY co2 and a glass ceramic diffuser. I previously had the diffuser on the opposite side from the filter. Today I moved it so the bubbles go directly into the filter intake of my Aquaclear filter. Just wondering if this is what everyone does or doesn't do. Also I was looking into getting a canister filter for this tank. From what I read it will help, but which ones does everyone recommend for a small 15 gallon tank? And is it worth it?

There's nothing wrong with having the CO2 go into the filter at all. The filter pump will actually infuse more of the gas into the water that way giving you a bigger bang for your buck.

As to the HOB or canister filter, I'm not so sure that a canister would be necessary. A 15 gl. is a nice small tank so an HOB does an admirable job if it's kept up.

yes it does. the more water movement before it gets to the top the higher chance for the co2 to get into the water. also with out the water movement the co2 gets high in that spot but not the rest of the tank. its one of the reasons why in like 120 gallon tanks people tend to use 2 inputs. in a 15 gallon it shouldnt matter much. its fine with the co2 going into the intake. just keep the water line up. a friend of mine uses a half coke bottle to help break up the out put of the filter so it doesnt gas off as much co2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom