London Attacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
London and New York share so many things in common - unique & colorful neighborhoods, an extensive subway system, art & cultural institutions, and lots of history.
It's such a shame that suffering an attack by Islamic extremists is now one of them. :(

Today all New Yorkers are Londoners and all Londoners are New Yorkers.

Its so Sick I live in the UK, no where near london though, To day I have been shopping and all over the plasma screens int hhe shop windows it was on the news. I was glued to them. The scenes are disturbing. :(

The British didn't believe there was a need for a war on terrorism and now they got one!

Some people believe that this is the result of the current "war on terror".

To those that are making light of the situation, it must be nice to once again be an ocean away and not have to deal with the horrible reality that the people of London have to deal with today.

My thoughts are with those who are suffering today.

Oceans are no barrier for this type of war.

I have wondered about those Cheese-eating-surrender-monkies. But even Jacques "le worm" Chirac wouldn't sink this low.

And hell, while it was obviously serious, it's not like it's the blitz. We've had worse, and we will not be defeated.

Thanks for all the support peeps.

shawmutt said:
Some people believe that this is the result of the current "war on terror".

It truly is though, reports have stated that an Islamic organization claims responsibility for these attacks ... and many more to come until these countries pull their troops out of Iraq and Afgahnistan.

shawmutt said:
To those that are making light of the situation, it must be nice to once again be an ocean away and not have to deal with the horrible reality that the people of London have to deal with today.

I'm not trying to make light of the situation, definitely not. I feel for the people of london, Madrid, Israel, as well as Iraq, Afgahnistan and well ... right here in America where people are just down right scared to walk out the door anymore for fear of being blown up!

The British did not see it coming, nor did Spain, nor did we ... but one thing is that now they have seen "The Reality" maybe it will hush some of the more radical demonstrators and unite them. Unfortunately it has to take a tragedy to unite!

andywg said:
We've had worse, and we will not be defeated.Thanks for all the support peeps.

Agreed! There will be no cow towing to a bunch of crazy jihadist! Those creeps need to get with the program, join the train to the future, or be annihilated from the tracks. IMO

QTOFFER said:
London and New York share so many things in common - unique & colorful neighborhoods, an extensive subway system, art & cultural institutions, and lots of history.
It's such a shame that suffering an attack by Islamic extremists is now one of them. :(

Today all New Yorkers are Londoners and all Londoners are New Yorkers.

So true. Our hearts, prayers, and tears are with you. :cry:

andywg said:
I have wondered about those Cheese-eating-surrender-monkies. But even Jacques "le worm" Chirac wouldn't sink this low.

Now what's this? Did I miss out on something? Anything wrong with the french?

My sister will be staying in London for 10 days in august.......hope that by then all is back to normal.
And offcourse, like everyone, I feel sad about this happening :(

talloulou said:
andywg said:
We've had worse, and we will not be defeated.Thanks for all the support peeps.

Agreed! There will be no cow towing to a bunch of crazy jihadist! Those creeps need to get with the program, join the train to the future, or be annihilated from the tracks. IMO

I second that Talloulou! I don't understand why they don't choose to live in peace with tolerance for others. They would rather kill and maim and live a life of war. It makes no sense to me.

Billsgate said:
andywg said:

Now what's this? Did I miss out on something? Anything wrong with the french?

My sister will be staying in London for 10 days in august.......hope that by then all is back to normal.
And offcourse, like everyone, I feel sad about this happening :(

The resounding joke for all those on the public transport system was to implement the French in retaliation for losing the olympics (and they didn't take it too well after all - and The Sun dedicated around 4 pages purely to insulting the French... :twisted: )

It was just another example of the British "Buggering on" as Sir Winston Churchill so eloquently put it.

Jermz79 said:
Well it's kind of too late now, I think! I mean once your awarded can they renig on that or is it set in stone! I would imagine they could probably renig on it and set it elsewhere, and probably should for the sake of saving lives!

If who ever attacked them this time found a loop hole I'm almost positive they will do it again! The British didn't believe there was a need for a war on terrorism and now they got one!

As far as the attacks go, I don't really know who has claimed responsibility for what but you can tell that it was pretty well planned out. I think this may be the wake up call for the British ... they were just slamming Blair to the ground for supporting Bush and his war on terrorism!

I think they should hold the 2012 Olympics in NY!

Just my $0.02 ...... no offense intended!

Or maybe they were right in slamming him, maybe if they were never there they would never have been bombed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom