Long Island AA BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I definitely encourage you guys to get some meetings in order!! These meetings (some of us have met at the Greater City Aquarium Society many times before this) have been some of the most fun occasions I can remember. Everybody's got a good sense of humor, and lots to talk about!!

Oh, and I'm going to get a tan soon! I'm outside a lot nowadays to run and rollerblade, so it's only a matter of time!

:D that was Meghan riding the wild dolphin (above post)

We did have a great time!!! We NYers can be so warm and cordial (to each other only) *LOL*

Perhaps we'll do it again next year and expand the invite to anyone that wants to make a visit to the Big Apple. Hint TG, we all wished you were there too.

I still don't see Jon on the dolphin!! I tried to get Lori to take on the dolphin, but I don't know what happened :?

Per your request Meghan. ..... "madasafish on a fish"

Oh, and I couldn't resist posting your mounting technique. :lol: :lol:

I'll definitely try to get up there next time, Brian - I'll bring the makings for what is known around here as the "Liz-Tini," equal parts vodka, Chambord and pineapple juice, shaken with ice and strained into a martini glass. I know, almost needs an umbrella in it, but my current fav libation!

Excellent TG. I really don't care much for martinis. *LOL* I'm probably the only person in the world that's taken a pic of his favorite libation.

Seeing the pics makes me miss the two of you that I know (you know who you are, M&M), and look forward to meeting more of the AA'ers! As an expatriate New Yorker in Idaho (speaking of missing...), I can attest objectively to the fact that New Yorkers are awesome.

Ah, this post is summoning up all sorts of emotions!!

TG and Poikilotherm (+2) will absolutely have to be there next time! Start booking flights or fueling up the car!

I think the Liz-Tini sounds delish. Chambord's an awesome liqueur!

Of course, everyone's welcome! Anybody who has the resolve to follow up on the general invite and come meet us bonkers NYers is definitely worth hanging out with!

You never know; maybe we'll have to organize an AA convention somewhere, some time in the future!

QTOFFER said:
when we were leaving, we all got goodie bags containing two baby albino ancistrus plecs!

Hey Menagerie did you keep your doggie back and bring them home? :)

No, I opted not to travel with the little guys. Next time I fly there from Calgary, I will try to bring some back. It won't be for a long while. When I go home for the wedding, we are driving to Seattle first--WAIT!! Perhaps they could be shipped to my fiance's parents' house and we could drive them over the boarder. Let's think about that :D USPS or whatever can ship one day from LI to the Seattle area and then we can take care of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom