Long nose vs Flame Hawkfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James G

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone, I am trying to decide which to get for my 20g reef, the tank will be upgraded in a few month to a 75g, I know they eat small inverts would they ok with; Cleaner shrimp, nassarius snails, tuxedo urchin, and acro crabs? what's your experience which do you recommend, Thanks.

It’s hard to help make a decision on what to choose without knowing what is in the system. Though with that said, I’d wait til the upgrade before addition.

Whichever you do make sure you have a tight lid on the tank of some sort. I loved my flame hawk...until he decided he was a non aquatic fish and my carpet was a more suitable habitat

Currently in the 20 is, two clowns, a lawnmower blenny, one Cleaner shrimp one tux urchin five nassarius snails and one acro crab, I plan in the 75 to have, the things in the 20, A Yellow Tang, A Midas blenny, one Melanarus wrasse, and possibly either an azure damsel, flame angel or one of those orange spotted sand goby things, I also want to get another cleaner shrimp ten more nassarius snails a brittle/serpant star and three more acro crabs, and the hawkfish.

I'd suggest looking at liveaquaria.com to get an idea on the requirements for some of the creatures you're wanting to keep. A yellow tang will get sick and perish in a small tank like a 75, and that is before your plans to over stock it. There will be aggression and deaths.
I'd limit the 75 tank to your two clowns, the lawnmower, wrasse, flame angel, and goby. This will eliminate the aggression between the two blenny's and take an aggressive damsel out of the picture as well.

Back
Top Bottom