Longest you have ever kept a fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A pacu is somehow related to a piranha and look eerily the same but the get huge!! My lfs owner has one at home he's had for over 10 years and is the size of my torso. They have some in the pittsburgh zoo and they still don't know how large the can get. They are vegetarian though and have mega powerful chomped that crush tree fruit/nuts that fall in the rivers they live in. Awesome fish!!

They sound cool. It is awesome that they can live for so long.

A pacu is somehow related to a piranha and look eerily the same but the get huge!! My lfs owner has one at home he's had for over 10 years and is the size of my torso. They have some in the pittsburgh zoo and they still don't know how large the can get. They are vegetarian though and have mega powerful chomped that crush tree fruit/nuts that fall in the rivers they live in. Awesome fish!!
a black pacu can get to 5 feet,red bellies get around 2 feet

Hi if memory serves me right longest recorded kept goldfish is 43 years
Brother in law got some Koi which are 18 years old!

CharlieB said:
Actually koi can live for alot longer...... a koi called Hanako lived for 226 yrs, in the pond he was in all the koi were around 150-200yrs old

Anyway you can post a link to an article or something about that?

Hanako
It's a nice story :)
The article was written in 1966 but Hanako died in 1977, theres a little note at the bottom
So it's a long term commitment when buying koi lol

Twelve years- two oscars both tiger one albino. I cried like a baby when they passed.

Mlani said:
Twelve years- two oscars both tiger one albino. I cried like a baby when they passed.

Wow, sounds like you did a great job taking care of them. Sorry for your losses.

redsea said:
Wow, sounds like you did a great job taking care of them. Sorry for your losses.

Thank you, they started out being for my daughter (she picked them) but within days I kinda grew a liking to the "little" guys. We got them when they were around an inch long, at the end they were (albino) 14 1/3 inches and (tiger) 16 1/2 inches long and thick oh man they were solid fish. My hubby always teased he was going to fry them and serve them up for dinner :-S

I have 2 Melanotaenia Trifasciata (Goyder River) that are a touch over 15 yrs old, Had 3 lost one a couple of months ago. I also have 5 Clown Loaches that are around 10 yrs old.

Currently, my oldest is a two year old betta (my avatar).

But, I had "one" goldfish that lived for like five years when I was in elementary school. His coloration and size kept on changing though... it was weird.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Currently, my oldest is a two year old betta (my avatar).

But, I had "one" goldfish that lived for like five years when I was in elementary school. His coloration and size kept on changing though... it was weird.

What kind of betta? I like most betta because of color.

Back
Top Bottom