Look at the lovely pearling...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zezmo

Aquarium Advice Addict
So was browsing this forum just now and my wife walks over to my tank and says "That is really pretty honey, look at all the pearling". I glance over at that tank to see she is pointing at the driftwood. Its my algae that is pearling... ack. ;-)

Hmmmm.... could I make an algae only aquascape? I am sure it would be quite healthy. lol.... anyways her comment struck me as funny and I had to share :D

Hopefully the rest of your plants or at least some of them were pearling too! And I think a tank full of nothing but BBA would really cool! Kind of like the pictures you see of the ancient Aztec ruins covered in moss and algae. Coule be quite the aquascape!

Then just watch; once you have it growing just the way you want it you will have a sunset hygro invade and ruin it!

LOL! I once had some pearling cyano sheets - the bubbles trapped between the algae sheets looked like big green peas!

There were no fish in there at the time - I was meaning to tear the tank down and rebuild it but I guess I neglected it a little too long! 8O

mr funktastic said:
lol the walls of my 10 gal used to pearl all the time. its like the algae teasing u lol

If algae had fingers and a voice it would be pointed and laughing. "Haha look at me! All happy and pearling. Sucker!"

LOL

That's saying something. My wife says, and I think I agree, I don't laugh enough.

Sorry about the algae :cry:

But thanks for the :D

The algae ON the plants in my 2.5 gallon pearls. But the plants don't. Grrrrrr. And the algae on the walls does too....punishment for having a 10watt CF on a 2 gallon tank I guess.

Back
Top Bottom