Look at what I found

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

razmataz1971

Aquarium Advice Regular
I happened to be in my LFS and noticed a Zebro Pleco. I seen photos of this one with white stripes. The one in my LFS had tan stripes. They wanted $99 for this little guy who's about 2" long. I'm debating weither or not to get him. I think the Zebro Plecos are cool looking. The LFS said he's been there for a while. (Possible to negotiate huh?)

Anyone know about the tan stripes?

Thats alot for a FW fish, plecos are rediculously marked up. I know nothing about tan stripes (sorry)

It might not be a Zebra Pleco. And 99 is a bit much for a fish that could die, if i bouight the fish i would take out an insurance policy on him LOL

Dan :)

I know what you mean about overpricing the pleco's. I purchased a gold nugget pleco for $50! I thought he was cute and I had seen him in the LFS for about 2 or 3 months before I finally gave in and bought him. Then to top it off, the next day he was dead. The fish store refused to give me a full refund even though they have a 48 hour guarentee. They said that they couldn't give me my $50 back but they would give me 10% off of a fish up to $10. So basically I give them $50 for a fish that died and I will get $1 off of a fish. I know I am probably off subject here.

$99 does sound like an awful lot for a Pleco. I don't like paying more than $19.95 for any fish myself. The only freshwater fish I've seen that cost anywhere near $100 were albino discus.

A lot of plecos are expensive, especially the bigger they get. Before making such a purchase, I would compare their tank conditions with mine to see how much acclimation is needed. I would also do a lot of research and make sure that my tank conditions were right for that specific pleco.

I have almost picked one up a couple times, but my head kept telling me it was too much to spend and I was trying to save for a reef.... I would ask about their guarantee/ refund policy. Fishyfanatic's story is a real bummer. :(

gosh i have lucked into a pet store then i saw 2" pleco for 1.99 was just a plain old one but still thats a big jump in price.

What color substrate was the pleco on at the LFS. If I move mine from tank to tank with different gravel, they under go some drastic color changes to blend in. The price seems high, you can buy a lot of neat fish for $99.00 :D

Back
Top Bottom