Looking for a Good Aquarium book ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking for a good aquarium book to keep on hand. Any ideas? What are your experiences with books? I took a ton out from the Library but most of them were older books. I would like a book that showed what diseases look like (I am a newbie), how to treat them, etc. And general fish discussion.

Thanks.

I like the Baensch Aquarium Atlas series, as it contains info on plants and fish. I have vols 1-3.

I pick up tropical fishbooks all the time. The latest one I'm going through is called "Tropical Fishlopaedia - A Complete Guide to Fish Care" by Mary Bailey and Peter Burgess. So far I find it informative. It has "What if..." sections. As in, what if my fish won't eat; what if my fish clamps its fins; what if my fish is bloated; etc... I'm only one fifth finished the book right now.

Thanks for all the info. I am going to check them out and see what I like. I got a Borders gift cert for Christmas burning a hole in my pocket!

I just got a great one for x-mass, Manual of Fish Health authors are Andrews, Exell, and Carrington. This is a great book for info on all of the fish diseases, has lots of great pictures as well. It explans the cause of the disease, obvious symptoms, occurrence, and treatment and control of each disease. There are alot I never knew about. I was told it was purhcased at the bood store Indigo.

Back
Top Bottom