Looking for a good starting guide to Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugginns

Aquarium Advice Regular
I purchased a SW only book (The New Marine Aquarium) and have read a TON of stuff on the internets while bored at work, but I have not been able to find a comprehensive beginners guide to coral. I have been keeping FW for some time now, but corals are an entirely new thing to me, and I don't know much about them. I'm interesting in finding an online guide- if someone could provide a link that would be great.

I don't know about an online guide, but for beginners-intermediate you can purchase "The Reef Aquarium" Vol. 1,2, and 3 by Delbeek/Sprung or "Aquarium Corals" by Eric Borneman. For advanced users you can search Veron for "Corals Of The World" in either bookset or CD-ROM.

Borneman's book is great, I use it as well. For a less scientific qucik guide book I also highly suggest "Marine Invertebrates: 500+ Essential to Know Aquarium Species" by Ronald L. Shimek, Ph. D. It is offers good info on mobile inverts as well.

Back
Top Bottom