looking for a new addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is what I have currently in my 55g with a marineland penguin 400 and aquaclear 60

2 prestella
2 albino prestella
3 buenos aires
5 platinum tetras
4 golden wonder killi
2 Solar flare sword
Red wag platy
Gold dust Molly
Painted sword
Green, spotted, Julie Corey
Spotted Raphael catfish( talking catfish)
3 rainbows 1 turquoise/ 2 austrailians
Gold female beta

I was thinking on adding either a gold gourami, some roset barbs, giant danios or split-tail rasboras I want something active other than the buenos aires tetras. I am planning on either filling out the buenos aires, prestella and adding 1 killi,returning some to my lfs or putting a few in my 2nd tank but wanted some more movement in the tank. Any suggestions

the tetras,corys,and rainbows all need schools of 6. and your pretty much stocked now.the schoolers(fish i mentioned above) should be happier and more active in proper schools.

youve got to rehome fish if you want to fill out the schools.i suggest keeping a school of corys and 2 other schools and rehoming the other schoolers

Ok so I've rehomed the prestellas, buenos aired and rainbows into my other 55g what can I add now?

up the platinum tetras to at least 6. how many corys of each species do you have? they need at least 4 of each,preferably 6

There are 2 of each corys and the platinums are now in my other 55g as well sine my lfs won't be able to get anymore in for about a month

And my lfs has Jack dempsys with swordtails and rosy barbs, jewel cichlids with groumais and paradise fish with Africans would I be able to do something similiar not exactly cause I know the fish would stress out like **** but something along those lines?

There are 2 of each corys and the platinums are now in my other 55g as well sine my lfs won't be able to get anymore in for about a month
ok,are they schooling/schoaling with each other?in regards to your post below,i have a pair of jewel cichlids (that have fry)in my 55 community and there have been no real problems. but of course they havent been in for long at all, so something could change. and keeping JDs with community fish may be ok when there tiny,but wait until the JDs and adult and watch the now single fish aquarium. you could try jewels and if they didnt work out rehome them,just watch your tank like a hawk

Ok thanks I'll give the jewels a try if not I'll just keep tryin till I get something that fits in the tank wit everything else

Back
Top Bottom