Looking for New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMeyer

Aquarium Advice Regular
29 gallon tank with two marble head standers, one gourami, and a bushynose pleco. Looking for one final fish to add in the tank and was wondering what kind would go well with what I already have. I'm not really interested in a small fish like a danio. I thought about a smaller South American cichlid maybe an angel fish but I know there are risks for both. Thoughts?

Hey, I would say angelfish, I personally have a dwarf gourami and angelfish, they go along very well, anglefish can get territorial excpessially if they have babies, but if you only keep one you should be fine, i dont know much about cichlids because they are apperently much more agressive that angelfish, and i have other fish like sword tails, tiger barbs, and tetras so I dont have much knowledge about them. Good luck.!!

A couple questions:
What size is your tank?
Aren't gouramis notorious for nipping at long fins of other fish?

Hello, my tank is a 30 gallon long, and no the dwarf gourami doesnt seem to nip at fins, but the tiger barb nipps at the gourami haha but doesnt get much...

Back
Top Bottom