looking to identify some fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or you talking about the one Courtnee called Rose line?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Roseline or Torpedo barb is correct as pointed by Courtnee. They look a tad similar when they develop colour. Yours look similar perhaps because they are still stressed. Give the crits a few days. Feed them live food regularly.

Thanks for everyone's help! Just to make sure I got a better picture of the "knife fish"

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408338971.126831.jpg

Is that what it is?

Yes I believe it's stressed too :/ I feed good food though ;) it was the stress from the move I think

Sooo glad I signed up on this site I just love it! Second day here haha already addicted XD thanks everyone for all ur help

Yep definitely a knife fish. I have a black ghost it's somewhat similar. I named him sir Nikola after Nikola Tesla. They give use electricity to find foods. They're wonderful fish. You'll love em

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow really?! Cool! I hope he don't get to big where he takes over the 120 gal haha thanks a lot Courtnee!

I think he will be just fine in that size. Eventually you might be able to hand feed him some worms or something. No problem! Its such a fun hobby, hope you're enjoying yourself!

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok I figured it out :) the app wouldn't let me post a video idk why XD bit website let me :) thanks again everyone just a quick look at one of my fav fish XD the African brown knife fish (I think haha) :)

Ok nvm didn't work ? idk why it said it uploaded was only 6 seconds hmm :/

It looks like it's an African Brown Knifefish, a scaleless fish (I believe). They get up to 12", require good water conditions, and food options. Really cool fish.

Ok thanks mike!

I'll make an account for this site later seeing my current account and name is not Appropriate XD.

Back
Top Bottom