Loss of color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazychris

Aquarium Advice Activist
Why is it that every time I get up in the morning I always see my fish have lost their color?

They tend to get darker in color at night, its completely normal and will return to their original color after the light has been on for a while

Thank you. I thought it was because they were stressed out or something along those lines.

No haha, they should be perfectly fine, in most fish it has something to do with camouflaging from nocturnal predators in the wild

Hmmmmm. So I guess my 2 catfish can't find them in the dark then. Lol. I've got a Pictus catfish and another one that looks cool but I never see the sucker cuz it's actually como in color. I don't know the name of it truthfully. It's brown and black like a snakes colors.

Haha I'm a big fan of the catfish, just be careful they can eat their tankmates as they get older

I'm the same with them and redtail and rainbow sharks. Now the banded leoporinuis has found its way into that category. I had a neighbor of mine feed his catfish feeder goldfish. The thing went nuts when it saw a small goldfish. I

Yeah they do like to chase each other. Lol. My redtails are fun as they actually go after each other some times

I can't get enough of them. Now if I can only have one that doesn't have a split dorsal. I hate when that happens.

My profile picture is one of the strangest redtail sharks I've ever seen and it harasses every fish in my tank except my catfish. I've got pictures of some of my other sharks in an album called shark tank. Lol. Excuse the green colored water. I've got one that looks like a rainbow but really isn't a rainbow shark at all. It's a Botia

My profile picture is one of the strangest redtail sharks I've ever seen and it harasses every fish in my tank except my catfish. I've got pictures of some of my other sharks in an album called shark tank. Lol. Excuse the green colored water. I've got one that looks like a rainbow but really isn't a rainbow shark at all. It's a Botia

Awesome, I'll check out the albums, and its funny how all of these sharks have different personalities they're all unique

Back
Top Bottom