Loss of "Rex" the Jewel Moray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
Rex died somtime in the early hours of this morning. I honestly feel that it was fish "old age" that got him. I do not know how long they live in the wild, but I got him from a LFS 2 1/2 years ago and I KNOW that they had him at least 5 years as I would always "visit" when I went in....I bought him for 20.00 because the LFS owner was pretty well sure he was going to die as he had been attacked and mauled by a green moray in the 300 gallon tank he was in. He stayed in a 20 gallon tank with melafix for his wounds for a month and then moved into the 100 gallon with "Levi" the snowflake eel.

He was a pretty cool fish and will be missed.

Say Hara, I seem to have remembered that you had four eels in one tank and i not get here as much, but i do remember you telling me the four eels were two SF and two yellow head morays (Fimbriated moray).
I had noticed that you not mention much of anything of the Fimbriated morays for i was wondering how those four are doing till this point of time and perhaps you can post a picture with the four, for that too i not noticed for even in your Gallery you show no pictures. I am very interested to know if they still doing all as good as when you last told me.
Buddy ><{{{{">

Sorry for the double posting, but i forgot to add this 8O

Hara, with most captive Morays for sale are usually still in their juvenile stages so this jewel couldn`t had died from old age in that short a time frame :( which i am sorry for your lost. Now why would someone house eels like the jewel with a Green??
Buddy

the fimbriated morays are doing fine, no pictures as they are quite reclusive. As far as old age....I think a minimum of 7.5 years is a fairly old age for a fish in captivity, but I could be wrong. Why did he house the jewel with a green? Who knows why LFS people do the things they do for display tanks...

I think a minimum of 7.5 years is a fairly old age for a fish in captivity
That be rather sad if you really believe something as that short a life span :( My DME (Pair) are on their tenth year with me and i am their only owner. So I guess that would depend on each hobbyist to what they would believe as well as how well they care for these
animals for they live much longer indeed . And depending on the species it can live 20 years and plus some.

On the fimbriated morays, you wouldn`t mind posting a picture? Myself for now, i use some host site to be able to manage to post any photos i take and i will make a selection of the last few photos that i took some two months ago of my Male DME and a pair of juvenile Goldentails while feeding.

Male DME;
http://img170.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf0007c5nl.jpg
Male DME out in front while the Female lays back at the right;
http://img200.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf00094yd.jpg
Goldentail;
http://img261.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf0003a1yb.jpg
Feeding time;
http://img211.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf00154pg.jpg
http://img261.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf00144zo.jpg
Pair of Goldentails still in their juvenile;
http://img211.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf00057rx.jpg

Buddy ><{{{{">

That be rather sad if you really believe something as that short a life span

I told you that I knew of the eel being at least 7.5 years old. It could have been
a good bit older as it has not changed in size since I have "known" it. Furthermore,
the eel had been through alot before I purchased it, I rather resent your implication that the eel did not live longer due to lack of proper care.

On the fimbriated morays, you wouldn`t mind posting a picture?

I also told you that I have no recent pictures of them. They are reclusive and
I have not spent the time and effort to photograph them...I will not make a special effort to do so.

I also told you that I have no recent pictures of them. They are reclusive and
I have not spent the time and effort to photograph them...I will not make a special effort to do so.

I find it kind of funny that you have a photo of a jewel or so but none of this moray and you a number of times always said you these four eels in one tank, but seeing is believing and you not wish to post a photo, then fine, i not believe it then for anyone can say all kind of marine species they hold, but are all saying the truth?

See, i can prove I have my eels and folks know that, Not here maybe for im here little and i can guess you wish i wasn`t. But i seen many who claim much and they not had the eels. Now i can guess that maybe at one time you did have the four together in i think it was a 120 gal tank if i recall. I mentioned to you that the two Sf wouldn`t have a change against the aggression of the two yellowheads. You can tell me i no idea in what im talking about if you like, but it not changes the fact you only a number of times boasted of them, but not one here has seen them.

So you either have them or not, there is no shame for to had failed at anytime in the hobby for many do, but they learn from it as well and move on. For i said nothing out of hand to say your a phony other then you said it yourself in refusing to even post a picture, so i would have to believe that all or least half you said some months ago was false.

See for one as yourself as I, I talk of my eels and I can show photos, you done much talking of those four eels in a 120 and yet never shown any pictures, so what is one too believe if i may ask?

Just like in a number of other forum sites, those who talk much about their trigger, Moray, grouper, etc so many times and time again, they post photos.... Look around for people are happy for what they managed to do and want to show it as well.

Like the saying goes, there is success in others in these forums seeing for themselves one had a moray species or other wise for so many years and they across those years seen up to date photos as well, this is what i call solid evidence of ones success.

So you can say what ever you want in resenting my implication as you put it, but with all honesty, i see you all the time boast of these eels and no photo when you shown in your gallery the jewel you lost in which i am truly sorry of that lost :(

Best of luck in your future years :wink:
Buddy
And you not need to post any photo

Man... Get off her case already.

She KNOWS its at least 7.5 years old, and if she doesnt want to take pictures of her eels, than she doesnt have to.

Give her a break already!

Man... Get off her case already.
Well now, so you not find it funny one to have a gallery and been boasting of these four eels in one tank for well more then i year from what i could see and not have any photos what so ever :roll: Now that is strange for all i come across want to show their animals but this it not being truthful for i came across so many like this boasting and boasting again and again and when one ask to see pictures, a fire gets lighted under her collar and why is that, she not have those eels that`s why. I seen this nonsense so many times and all i wanted to finally is see these eels of what she boast about having and if she not, then it is only a big lie and if she does and post a photo of these four together, i will tell her of how sincere i am and post an open apologies right here and now i would. So unless other wise she done so, how can you assume it be true to something you not seen? For i seen so many who tell much false about what they have in which i said she might had at one time but cannot prove this and if a person can take a photo of the other marine corals or other wise, why leave out what one hears often about when posting responses to others/ For it not make any sense And as i said, I finally wanted to see these four eels in one tank, and i guess it be a no show so fine, i not believe it now since i called her bluff ................

DragonMorayEels, Maybe you dont realize that Hara is an advisor here that makes her much more than the average member. She has this status for many reasons and making stuff up about her tank is not one of them. If she says she has four eels in a tank then she has four eels in a tank. If you must see photos to belive her then your going to be disapponted as I know she does not have the spair time to sit infront of a tank and wait for eels to come out of their 'holes' just to satisfy your doubts. Now if you have the time to sit for hours infront of a tank for a few photos then thats great but I know hara does not have the time nor do I for that case. I hardly post photos of my tanks any more. Does that mean I dont have any tanks? NOPE.

Continued pressing in this issue will be consitered a form of harrassment and last time I looked that was not permitted via the user agreement.

Hara, I'm also sorry for your loss (it's really one of the family), and I'm also sorry about the harrassment you're taking here lately. Heads Up!

Hey Hara sorry about the loss...... :(

You can get real attached to the pets you love...I know I do.

PS. We got your back... :wink:

Sorry for your loss Hara, we have all lost animals that we worked hard to keep and it can be disheartening.

Hara, You should know that I not wish any hobbyist to loose any of their aquarium animals for it is a sad thing :(
I no other thing to ask you other then to wanted to see these fimbriated morays, Old age is not an issue, and i know you an SF and as the Jewel moray which you Lost :( All I asked was that you shown no pictures of these fimbriated morays even in your Gallery. Now i asked of you to see a photo, i not made anything back in return other then this line as;

the fimbriated morays are doing fine, no pictures as they are quite reclusive
This is not the way of the fimbriated morays for they are more openly and exploration wise for they hunt and are quite aggressive and the last thing months ago from what you said is the seem then like more like wimps but i did say if it was as so the SF pick at then, the tables would had turned long before now from 1 1/2 years ago for that is how old that picture is with the fimbriated & SF moray.
So only with you the fimbriated is quite reclusive in hiding not to be seen for this isn`t the way with this eel species and i did ask you rather nice and hara got hot under the collar and why is that, you not want anyone to ask you, is that why? People are always asking me to see up to date pictures and not the same ones i posted two years ago. So you only want to bank on a photo that you posted somewhere some 18 months ago or so and not ask to see any up to this date photos. I not see where this request is so wrong and those others here wish to defend you for some reason, i guess you got them all believing blindly because posting the reason you can `t take any photos (if you truly still have them, in which i said that i believed that at one time you did have those eels) is not a true reason for so many others had or have the fimbriated and have no problems taking pictures. I mean for heaven shakes, my DME`s are much more reclusive and that eel for my female DME i can barely get more then 8" body shot of here, but she will stick her head out some 5" like all even dwarf eels are more reclusive.
I only said then that if you refuse to show what you claim all these months you have and no one even seen them and just because you once did, and you got a head shot of it, why then you cannot now? For it will always at anytime pop its head out from the rock work.

I also told you that I have no recent pictures of them. They are reclusive and I have not spent the time and effort to photograph them...I will not make a special effort to do so.
That tells me you not have those eels any more and im sorry for what ever happened back then :( So, OK, you not need to knock yourself out trying to take pictures of one the more easiest eels to get a full body shot of for they venture out day or night.
So even that you complied and posted some photos, you show not the eels i first asked you nice about seeing in the first place and you started being touchy about it making excuses for that is what it is when one will try and say the fimbriated morays are reclusive and their only way of reclusive is being solitary creatures.

fishfreek, I know what she is under the name, but it not means one tells the truth just because there title is advisor for I went back looking at some things and found something that Hara posted; Tue Sep 23, 2003 Where hara mentions in getting a Gymnothorax favagineus (tesselata) to mix with the fimbriated morays in which those eels better kill this one for in time it will kill them and is just a s bad as they, only way much bigger in size for they in the wild can grow a max size of 10' (300 CM) And would need as equal size that that as the green moray.
fishfreek, you can believe what you want, I seen too many do the same thing like this in making an excuse just so no one will ask her but i know better of those eels and that they not all as so she says, so believe what you want. For if she had these eels still, she could take a picture even if she did have some eel species that wishes to hide all the time. And for most who even bother to go into aquarium forums sites, one has to believe they have a tank, but when one boast so many times of four eels in a 120 and no one ever sees them, and then some one ask to see it and she makes up excuses and of course she has your blessing in hiding away behind your that you will blindly believe all she says and not witness it for in RC and all over folks ask to see up to date photos, i not tell them i cant because the eel has some shy problem, but yet again those eels not are like that.
I will not bother to ask her a darn thing ever again for i know it is nonsense of what she is saying that in no way she can even get a head shot LOL you wish to believe that, you do so with any others who believe ones just because a long time ago she did and i said it that she did without even seeing a photo because where and why she is mentioning it all the time and did she not figured that in some time someone was going to ask her to see some photos.
And if it was true these eels are in that tank, with what little rock work it has the eels can be spotted easy like. So who was to know by just asking to see an up dated photo that it would went into excuses :( If i known it, i not had ask her.

See, one other only asked for her to please keep up with the updated pictures as i asked for updated photo on the fimbriated morays.
reefrunner69, what you want to say in a PM that you cannot say here? maybe you want i not asked here nothing then what type of forum is this in that case were one asked of something and nothing but excuses that she cannot manage to take photos of them, that is Ridiculous. And if you a mind to ban me further entry, then do so, i not need this BS for that is what she is doing, for it is a lie in what she saying and if you the knowledge within morays, then you.
So hara, i not care to see anything from you for i know you are only making excuses for yourself here. And reefrunner69, you want to know how many phonies are in many forums? the number can shock you really if you had any idea in how many for one person some years ago ask me if i can send him some pictures of my eels and he in turn emailed me what he said was his dwarf golden moray. Some ten months later because i do much research i came across the very same pictures he sent me with the same image name and all and not to long after that, one person in a forum said she knew one guy who has a pair of Dragon morays as i do and she in instant message box sent them to me and the very moment i see them i told her those are my photos and my dragons

So im done asking you Hara for after i asked you the second time you got offensive about it and made what excuses you wanted too so enjoy. Im done with folks who be full of it.

Happy Aquariums all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom