Lost almost all my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShawnKC

Aquarium Advice Regular
Due to Hurricane Sandy, I have been without any power since a week ago this past Sunday. My tank went from 75 degrees down to 48 due to no heat in the house. Of all my fish the only 2 survivors were the blue crayfish (which molted the other day, I thought I'd lost him too) and one lone zebra danio. I just had power restored tonight and the tank is slowly coming up to a normal temp.
I'm heartbroken about the fish but on the other hand people have lost their lives and homes so I guess I can count my blessings where I have only lost fish and spent over a week with no lights or heat.

ShawnKC said:
Due to Hurricane Sandy, I have been without any power since a week ago this past Sunday. My tank went from 75 degrees down to 48 due to no heat in the house. Of all my fish the only 2 survivors were the blue crayfish (which molted the other day, I thought I'd lost him too) and one lone zebra danio. I just had power restored tonight and the tank is slowly coming up to a normal temp.
I'm heartbroken about the fish but on the other hand people have lost their lives and homes so I guess I can count my blessings where I have only lost fish and spent over a week with no lights or heat.

Sorry for your losses & you are correct it could've much worse. Hope things get back to normal for y'all soon.

ShawnKC said:

First and foremost, it's good to see you were somewhat fortunate and didn't lose your home. If I were you, I would not get another zebra danio of the same type. Say he is a regular zebra danio, I would get some gold ones. This way you will still have a school and he'll still have friends, but you'll always remember how he made it and I'm sure he'll hold a special place in your heart as you recover from the damage.

First, thanks for the kind words and well wishes. Secondly, I don't think I will get any more fish. I think I will keep this as a species tank for the blue crayfish and just keep the danio in there as a good luck charm.

ShawnKC said:
First, thanks for the kind words and well wishes. Secondly, I don't think I will get any more fish. I think I will keep this as a species tank for the blue crayfish and just keep the danio in there as a good luck charm.

Well it might work but bear in mind that zebras are schooling fish.

Back
Top Bottom