Lost anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keithhjs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well my green BTA finally fell of the rock it had been on for the last couple months & I fear this time for good. It had been droopy and shriveled more often than not the last few days. I had hoped it was reversible but guess it was too late. Sadly I came home from work and looked at it and said to myself "If it's not better soon I'm going to remove it". That being said, I took a shower and came back to look at it and it was gone. It finally let go of it's rock. Now I can't find it without removing corals and lots of rock and I fear I will destroy more stuff trying to remove it than good I would do getting it out. Did a 5 gal PWC and will do more tomorrow. Crossing fingers my tank can weather it. Goodbye greeny. :(

P.S. Anyone have one rot away and not cause major tank problems?

Attachments

• image-3214332832.jpg
    image-3214332832.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 106
Yes. . . Mine did about 2 months ago. What type of lighting do you have? I think my prob was insufficient lighting.

It was doing great for 3 months, then all of a sudden it shriveled up and died. It didnt effect my tank at all.

I use AI Sol LED. I don't think it was my lighting. Most of my corals are doing really well. Only one not opening up so much is a Goniopora that probably has too much current on. My Softies, SPS, Acans, Blastos, etc are growing well.

That is ironic, I just ordered an AI sol for mine. It def wasn't your lighting.

I definitely would not let it sit in the tank and disintegrate. Especially in smaller tanks, water quality will go downhill. I would atleast be running a good amount of carbon.

I have multiple filters/reactors running carbon. I run a next reef mr1 reactor with gfo, a phosban 150 with carbon matrix, a fluval 406 with 1 compartment still holding carbon (been phasing it out since adding the reactor), two protein skimmers and a refugium. I can't find the dying/dead anemone without breaking down almost everything. At this point I will do more damage moving everything. I am doing 5-10 gal PWC daily and monitoring it.

Keithhjs said:
I have multiple filters/reactors running carbon. I run a next reef mr1 reactor with gfo, a phosban 150 with carbon matrix, a fluval 406 with 1 compartment still holding carbon (been phasing it out since adding the reactor), two protein skimmers and a refugium. I can't find the dying/dead anemone without breaking down almost everything. At this point I will do more damage moving everything. I am doing 5-10 gal PWC daily and monitoring it.

I think you should have it covered then, especially with the daily PWC's ;) keep us posted.

Okay in case anyone was still following, here goes. Daily PWC of 5 gal everyday since last Tuesday. Changed out new carbon Saturday. So far no losses of fish, inverts, or corals. No sign of anemone or it's leftovers. Guess I will continue the PWC few more days and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom