Loud marineland 200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vacuumlad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I just got my filter today and when I turned it on it seems to be very loud and produce micro bubbles how do I stop this. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428182828.788956.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If it's a new filter just turned on they it has to get the water up into it first. HOB filters are not the quietest filters to begin with either. Micro bubbles are common. Wouldn't worry about it.

For mine, I use a cup and dump in tank water from the top to help the motor fill it up easier.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

What kind of noise?

Water noise and bubbles reduce if you raise the water level.

The Marineland filters can also be noisy when everything isn't just right. You can take it apart, re assemble, and make sure you dump water into it before and while starting it.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

My penguin 350b recently started making noise. The motor would not match up with the impeller no matter what I did. I eventually trashed it because I couldn't fix it and it was so loud I had to sleep in another room(it was on a tank in my bedroom)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

My water level stays at the rim. The noise in my tank isn't splash back or a water noise, I hear the whiz of the impeller. I clean mine every few weeks but it still hums.

My water level is high. The sound it of splashing and a hum.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom