Loving my new additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralbeauty81

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just recently did a new tank transfer, and added new lights a bubble anemone and a couple blue streaked sleeper gobys and a couple turbo snails. My anemone went right where I wanted it!!! I can't stop watching the tank the amazing!

image-2545444313.jpg

Yes they are quite amazing to watch, how do you find your anemones I had a carpet anemone afew years ago just getting back into it again....

I'm sorry I dont think I'm understanding your question...And what happened to the carpet nem?

I'm sorry I dont think I'm understanding your question...And what happened to the carpet nem?

I left my tank in care of my ex husband and he killed it by lack of care, I just purchased a bubble tip anemone recently it has settled right where I had hoped it would! Do you have a BTA?

I had to leave my tank in care of my ex husband he neglected to care for it and I lost my carpet anemone. Do you have a BTA? Mine seems to have taken up camp right where I'd hoped? Just looking for info read and researched but a lot of people info differ...

Glad your anemone went where you wanted it to. I don't have an anemone yet. Yeah sometimes nems will go in the back where you can't see them. Or they'll move every few months.

I'm no nem expert, but it looks translucent, like it's losing it's color. What lighting do you have?

Wow that is definitely not enough light for an anemone. Anemones need at least 6 T5 HO bulbs (even 4 isn't enough) or LEDs or MH b/c they require high lighting. T8 bulbs aren't strong enough and if it dies in your tank it can nuke everything...They also need an established tank (6-8 months min). How old is the tank?

I had a salt tank running for 8 years I transferred 60% of the water into a bigger tank with better filtration and brand new lights. My fish provider runs all their tanks on 100% LEDs their anemones are huge ..They seem to think LEDs are more powerful and by far better lighting. My BTA is eating good raw shrimp twice this week it hasn't moved since I got it and it attached to the LR. So any mixed reviews I've found on these sites just have to monitor it so far so good!

I'm glad your nem is healthy and eating. I too have learned that a nem needs at least 4-6 T5s to grow and prosper. I wish you the best of luck!

My fish provider runs all their tanks on 100% LEDs their anemones are huge ..They seem to think LEDs are more powerful and by far better lighting. My BTA is eating good raw shrimp twice this week it hasn't moved since I got it and it attached to the LR. So any mixed reviews I've found on these sites just have to monitor it so far so good!
....But you aren't running LED lighting. You are running florescent lighting. I'm afraid they are right in that you are going to need to increase the light some.
"I have 15w t8 for daylight and 15 w Actinic 456nm" 30 watts of florescent lighting isn't going to keep that anemone happy.

I had a salt tank running for 8 years I transferred 60% of the water into a bigger tank with better filtration and brand new lights. My fish provider runs all their tanks on 100% LEDs their anemones are huge ..They seem to think LEDs are more powerful and by far better lighting. My BTA is eating good raw shrimp twice this week it hasn't moved since I got it and it attached to the LR. So any mixed reviews I've found on these sites just have to monitor it so far so good!

Huh!!! Man What you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom