low light corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eric faatz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it possible to keep some corals with a 50/50 light. if so what would be a good choice.i was just curious:usa

A more appropriate question would be how much wattage on the bulb? What type lighting system?

coralife 50/50 40watt,50% natural daylight 6000k/50% actinic 03 blue.360 output 1and a half inch dia(t12) fluorescent

You can keep non-photosynthetic corals with no light whatsoever, so the answer to your question is "yes". Is this for your FOWLR? What fish are in there? With your lighting, I'd stick to something that needs to be fed.

There would be very few corals you could have with that lighting. The ones that HN1 was talking about would be about all you could have with that light. Orange sun polyps would be a good example. As soon as you could a lighting upgrade will be needed.

leathers are good corals to have with hardly any light, and there are some that are not photosynthetic.

yes this is for my fowlr,i have 5 fish in the tank,75 gal, looking to get some more live rock,only have 49 pounds, want to get at least 100 pounds.been doing some research on some lr stores, found one in fl,called live rock usa.going to be calling them soon.i like to try something different,instead of fuji.thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom