Low light plants??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have a 20 gal shrimp tank that I want to be planted. I want plants that require pretty much no light except regular sunlight( tanks in front of window) and with shrimp being in there I cant add fertilizer cause of the copper in the chemical. So is there any type of plant that can survive in this type of conditions except java moss which I already have.

Have a 20 gal shrimp tank that I want to be planted. I want plants that require pretty much no light except regular sunlight( tanks in front of window) and with shrimp being in there I cant add fertilizer cause of the copper in the chemical. So is there any type of plant that can survive in this type of conditions except java moss which I already have.

The copper in the ferts shouldnt hurt. You might be suprised how much light a window supplies. Anubias, moss balls, valls, and crypts are low light.

Ok I'll keep those in mind, I'll be buying some plants within the next few months for my bigger tank and I'll throw some of those in there as well.

No fertilizer made for planted tanks contains enough copper to cause any problems. And shrimp actually need a small amount of copper just as humans need a small amount of iron.

Back
Top Bottom