LR question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone had any problems adding cured LR to thier tank after it has already cycled?

depends on how well cured and how much you're adding.

What you need to be concerned about is an ammonia spike caused by any left over die off.

Are you curing the rock yourself or are you buying it (and if so, from an online retailer or LFS?)

if you are getting it out of a curing tank at a LFS, it should be "ok" just ask the LFS how long it's been in the curing tank.

If you're ordering it from online I would wait to see how well off the rock is before adding it to your main display. (have a curing setup ready as you'll most likely need it)

that's really your best bet. Clean it thuroughly when you receive it, getting rid of as much die-off as possible and cure it. After that you shouldn't have any problems adding it to your display.

I am going to buy that Kent marine rock cleaner with the brushg at the end. I think that will work better than just a tooth brush. I hope it doesnt kill good things on there though. But being shipped it will probably mostly die off anyway.

Back
Top Bottom