Lucky Little Cherry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

black hills tj

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I woke up today, turned the lights on both my 20g and dad's 29g. Wait a little while for them to wake up while I run around and do some little things around the house. I then feed them and jump in the shower. Upon exiting the shower And getting dressed, I find the smaller of the 2 cherry barbs in my dad's 29g stuck to the filter intake. I feared the worst and quickly removed him from the intake. I thought he'd be toast, but as I pulled him away from the intake he swam out of my hand. Lucky little bugger. He's now swimming around a little bit and breathing heavy. Doesn't look like he has much if any external damage so let's hope he does well!

That same thing happened to my wifes tank with a few of her neon tetras. It got so bad I finally went to the LFS and bought some sponges that fit on spongefilters, and zip tied them to the intake tubes of our HOB filters.

Hope he is okay and does well.

My betta has a habit of sitting close to the HOB filter intake and his fins getting sucked up at times. He tugs and pulls and will get loose. Damage to fins has always been min but it still freaks me out.

courtnee said:
My betta has a habit of sitting close to the HOB filter intake and his fins getting sucked up at times. He tugs and pulls and will get loose. Damage to fins has always been min but it still freaks me out.

mine does that too, his back and side fins look rough, lately hes been keeping away fromt he filter, but i dont understand why they do it, all 3 of my bettas have done that

same thing happened to 2 of my corydora's... i just unplugged the filter and let them swim away naturally to avoid doing damage to them

Back
Top Bottom