lump on flowerhorns head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bstoll

Aquarium Advice Newbie
About 2 days ago i noticed a lump starting to grow on my flowerhorns head. over the past 2 days it has gotten bigger and i have no clue what it is. does anyone know?

Attachments

• 7251A853-DFB4-4F0A-A986-958E713AD7A0.jpg
    7251A853-DFB4-4F0A-A986-958E713AD7A0.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 287D88F5-8B14-4D8E-B111-96178FAA74FF.jpg
    287D88F5-8B14-4D8E-B111-96178FAA74FF.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 34
Not really sure myself. But I'd guess it's bacterial. Fungal is easier to see and I don't know of a parasite that does that. Might try some mild bacterial meds first. Sulpha meds are good about stopping the spread of bacteria. And melafix is a decent antiseptic for bacteria. Both are milder than going full blown antibiotics right away if it's not progressing rapidly

Not really sure myself. But I'd guess it's bacterial. Fungal is easier to see and I don't know of a parasite that does that. Might try some mild bacterial meds first. Sulpha meds are good about stopping the spread of bacteria. And melafix is a decent antiseptic for bacteria. Both are milder than going full blown antibiotics right away if it's not progressing rapidly

i looked at the lump again this morning and it is turning white. does that sound like bacterial still?

i looked at the lump again this morning and it is turning white. does that sound like bacterial still?
It could be fungal, I'm no vet, but generally fungal are a topical/ surface infection. Bacteria likes to get inside from the out. It wouldn't hurt him to try some mild bacterial meds, see if that arrests it growing. I know you don't wanna take any chances, those are really cool and very expensive fish

Back
Top Bottom