Lunchboxes 20g long reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lunchbox209

Aquarium Advice Freak
HEy guys this will be my 2nd reef tank build I just barley finished putting everything together just waiting for the salt to dissolve and will add ammonia tomorrow here are the specs on what I'm running.
Aqueon 20g long
Fluval c3 power filter
Aqueon 150 watt heater
Koralia 750 ph
Koralia 425 ph
Coralife 30in t5ho dual bulb
30 pounds of Fiji pink sand
20 pounds of base rock from BRS

I haven't thought about what I'm going to put I'm going to leave that up to my mom cause it is for her after all. I just get to do all the fun stuff.

image-2228487130.jpg

image-2069120982.jpg

image-122598798.jpg

I added 7 pounds of live rock and dosed to 4ppm ammonia now for the waiting game I'll do my first test Saturday

image-3125161802.jpg

reefrunner69 said:
Nice, now the fun begins!

Second time doing this it's gonna be easier than the first I remember going to the fish store just imagining what I was gonna stock my tank with

Okay so I lied and couldn't Wait until Saturday to Test so here it goes

Ph 8.0
Ammo 4.00
Nitrite .25 (whoohoooo)
Nitrate 0

UPDATE
test results
Ph 8.0
Ammo .50
Nitrite. 5.0
Nitrate 10.0

Looking good maybe another week or two hopefully

Small update just tested my water and results go as
PH 8.0
AMMO 0
NITRITE 0
NITRATE through the roof
I think I'm done with my cycle jut going to dose ammo back to 2ppm and retest tomorrow. If everything checks out then big pwc Sunday and off to buy my first fish.

Looks great!
Your tank looks way larger than a 20 gallon.

I like the purple Firefish. They kinda look like they're wearing lipstick. Lol :) looks great!

I envy you. My LFS will only order corals they will never get a tank for them so I have to look at a list which never has anything but every once in a while they have something good. Driving almost 60 miles to get corals on Saturday.

Masoniac said:
I envy you. My LFS will only order corals they will never get a tank for them so I have to look at a list which never has anything but every once in a while they have something good. Driving almost 60 miles to get corals on Saturday.

Are there any local reefing clubs 75% of my corals came from a club member and we also do club buys so we get free shipping on the orders for online websites

The closest club here is like and hour away it sucks I want to start a reef club I just don't know how to go with starting one

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom