Macro question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had some (I assume) grape and razor calupera in my sump now for 7-9 months now. It was slow to start and then I added 2 lights from Home Depot and started adding CA. It took off and was really think. For the past 8 weeks my 3 fish were in QT and just as of 2 weeks ago added them back to the main. Since that time I have seen a major die back in the amt of marco in the sump. Before it was so thick I couldnt see the bottom of the sump and now I can. Is this normal for it to die back? No parameters in my tank has changed. My CA is around 400 and AK around 3.4 to 4. I have about 175 lbs of LR. I keep my lights on the macro 24/7. I have some soft corals and an anenome as well...all of this was there before the die back as well. I can only think the lights might be dimming...any suggestions?

Could simpley be the abundance of nutrient that initially fueled the algae growth has been consumed. The macro's would now be limited in growth if that was the case.

fishman said:
AK around 3.4 to 4.
I have found that higher alk levels will retard algae growth to some degree. You might let that fall back to NSW values to see if it makes any difference.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom