MAJOR hairnet disaster!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazycat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i got some riccia. i used hairnets to attach it to some lacerock. and this afternoon, when i came back, i found that one of my VERY favorite plecos--an L333--had gotten caught up in the hairnet and was trapped! he was still alive, and i was able to cut him free. i hope he survives--he seems ok, but i'm really worried for him. the hairnet was wound entirely around him, and i literally had to cut it off of him--he was very patient throughout the whole thing, and he swam away quickly after it was done.

so now i don't know what to do. what else can i use to attach riccia to rocks without the danger of my plecos getting caught up in it?

i've already removed all the hairnets, and have the riccia floating for now.

i really really really hope he survives. do you think adding melafix to the water might help heal any injuried he may have sustained?

(and a nod to sherry who warned me this could happen, but i just thought the hairnets were on too tight for a fish to get caught up.)

That was heroic cat!!! good for you for moving so quickly and good for your pleco for having the sense to be still!!!

hairnets scare me, under water and quite frankly above too :)

Back
Top Bottom