Makes me wanna cry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosenweiss

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yesterday I went to the LFS and saw this setup for $649, everything brand new and everything Hagen/Fluval brand.

-40 gal breeder tank
-NICE looking stand
-canister filter
-heater
-Glo T5HO fixture WITH lightbulbs

It was my dream setup...the fact that I couldn't buy it was so depressing!

That IS a lot of cash all at once, but also depressing since I just paid about 550 for an Aqueon 36 bow and stand with a less than satisfactory filter and lighting setup. SAVE SAVE SAVE

Yeah... no kidding... haha. I just can't do it right now, even space-wise... just that it came with all fluval stuff...

If it makes you feel any better, the Hagen GLO's really aren't all that nice IMO. Mine didn't even have a power switch... no kidding! ;)

Ok, that probably doesn't make you feel better though. Sorry. LOL.

Where are you located? I have got several 40 Breeders that I'm willing to sell way cheap... like $40. They are drilled in the back for an overflow.

All sounds a bit expensive !
I recently got my 30g (35g US) tank with external cannister filter, heater, substrate & driftwood, all for just £105 (about $180). Why is it so expensive in US ?

All sounds a bit expensive !
I recently got my 30g (35g US) tank with external cannister filter, heater, substrate & driftwood, all for just £105 (about $180). Why is it so expensive in US ?

I'm assuming because the one she was looking at was a larger tank and included HO T5 lighting and a stand in addition to the other equipment. I think stuff is usually cheaper here than it is over there but I'm not positive.

Well, its WAY more expensive in a store than it is on craigslist. My 55 gal set up cost me about 150 alltogether on craigslist

Try EBAY, used fishtank bargains! I got my 55 gallon and lighting + stand + 7 Fish + Aqa one 1000 + heater + a lot of food all for £102 or $168

Thank you so much for the help and the nice comments everyone! And thanks Severum mama, but right now I don't even have the space to put one.

When I do the the space and some funds, I'll probably end up looking on craiglist.

That IS a lot of cash all at once, but also depressing since I just paid about 550 for an Aqueon 36 bow and stand with a less than satisfactory filter and lighting setup. SAVE SAVE SAVE

U got owned on that tank. I have the same tank u have, bought the tank for 130 bucks with all the cheap stuff tat comes with it and the stand for 125 bucks cos it was on sale. total cost for tank and stand 255 dollars. That probably made u more depressed now lol.

Pigeonfood said:
U got owned on that tank. I have the same tank u have, bought the tank for 130 bucks with all the cheap stuff tat comes with it and the stand for 125 bucks cos it was on sale. total cost for tank and stand 255 dollars. That probably made u more depressed now lol.

I bought mine in Craiglist : 100 G, customize wood cabinet, customize canopy with lights ( regular two fluorescent bulb), 1 Canister filter (Rena XP4), 2 heaters, rocks, air pump, nets, food, even the extension cord, timer, and multiple outlet. All for $280 dollars.
Of course I went to pick it up like 40 miles from my home, so you need to add gasoline, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom