malaysian vs african driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Musket said:
thanks brant, that's some good advice. When I add the driftwood, I'll try to make a few more caves on the other side of the tank as well.
When I cleaned the tank on Thursday, I saw both my little hiders. The tiny bumblebee is definitely a catfish of some sort, he/she was sold as a goby, and looked just like one, but now has whiskers. However, still doesn't really look like anything I've found on the net. And is at least doubled in size since putting him/her in the tank. At least I know they are eating well. I can find this one about 70% of the time now.
My clown pleco was on a tube, but now is hiding again. Maybe when I make the new caves and such I'll see him/her more often like you said.

Thanks everyone for all the input about the types of wood and where to find some. Much appreciated. :)

Does he look like this?
Goby_BumbleBee.jpg

kinda, but more tan than yellow and has whiskers. That guy has a cute face eh?
I just tried to get a shot, but can't find him. I don't think his nose is that round, does that fish have dual dorsal fins? I'll get a good description of him next time. I'll just go to the tank camera in hand each time. hahahaha maybe I'll get lucky.

Ya I've owned one in the past......kinda shy and not very hardy.

It's a bumblebee goby.

yup, I checked my guy out this morning, no dual dorasal fin, definate whiskers, I got a shot that looked good on the camera but not when I transferred it to the computer. I'll post it anyway to give you an idea.
Then I checked out the goby at the fish store.. Definately NOT a goby.

Attachments

• dscf0050_132.jpg
    dscf0050_132.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 30
  • dscf0042s_724.jpg
    dscf0042s_724.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 17
  • dscf00471_647.jpg
    dscf00471_647.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 25
That looks like a bumble bee catfish I can't remember the scientific name I do believe they are a south american cafish. If I had my catfish book here I could tell you. If it is the bumble bee cat they stay small about 3 inches i think but there is one that looks like it that is smaller yet and that is called a false bumble bee. Try searching Planet Catfish.

Back
Top Bottom